Monday, August 29, 2016

Vocab List #2

Faith- strong belief on a religion or God ; complete trust and confidence in someone
While I struggled with my foot injury I had faith that my foot would be good as new.

Threshold-  a strip of wood or the magnitude or intensity that must be exceeded on a reaction
Nothing happens until the signal passes the threshold.

Tarry- stay longer than intended; delay leaving a place
She could tarry a bit and not get home until four.

Resolve- settle or find a solution to a problem
The firm aims to resolve the problem within two weeks.

Discern- perceive or recognize
I can discern no difference between the two policies.

Martyr- kill someone because of their beliefs.
Jonathan was martyred due to his belief.

Mirth- amusement, especially expressed as laughter
His six foot frame shook the mirth.

Catechism- principles of Christian religion in the form of questions and answers used for the instructions of Christians.
Last year I would go to catechism every Tuesday.


Pious- devoutly religious
I have a pious family.


Frenzy- uncontrolled excitement or wild behavior
Andrew worked himself into a frenzy of rage

No comments:

Post a Comment