Thursday, October 6, 2016

Literature Analysis

A book I remember reading was mice and men is about two men named George and Lennie. George in this story is considered the smarts in the story and Lennie is the big man who is very strong. So they live in Salinas California and they just look around, trying to find a job and once they find the job they stay and rest because at the owners barn because they have no home and have work the next day. However things at first look good and Lennie has like this disorder that makes him " retarded"
and both these men want a farm, but Lennie wants bunnies and just had an affection for animals. So towards the end Lennie has caused a big issue and has got into a fight where he hurt this man badly , so George leads him to a river bed where George then shoots him. The authors tone was like serious and I feel like this man is normal and has breakfast with the family , goes to work and goes to the gym after , towards the end of the day he comes and relaxes. What drew me to this book was the ratings of this book. Getting into the chapter was interesting due to the fact that it took place in an area that is 2 hours away and my reading habit is alright, I don't usually ready a lot but when I do, I stay committed to the book. The theme in the novel is "what goes around, comes around". So this goes as refer ration to where Lennie got what he deserved due to what he did to the man. The way the author wrote or gave us the understanding was not an issue or a change of language where it made it difficult, but it was just interesting how he made many similes in the story. Once I finished the story felt sad because the relationship that was described in the story seemed so real that I did feel like I met those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment